Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls Part Deux





So I thought I would write a follow up post once I tried out the frozen portion of dough.

I seriously think these turned out even better than the ones I baked up over the weekend.

There were a few things I did which may be helpful. First, I took the frozen dough out and put it in the refrigerator for a little while. I was not sure my knife would slice through the frozen dough, so I let it thaw just a little.


When I sliced the dough, I made my slices a little larger, maybe a full inch to inch and a quarter. I put them in the round pan spaced equidistant and then let them sit out for about 10 minutes to let the dough lose a little more of the chill. Then I baked them up at 425 degrees for about 11-13 minutes until they're a little golden brown on the edges and you can smell that cinnamon goodness.


 

I still had some leftover cream cheese frosting in the fridge so I did not have to deal with making more.  The dough and the icing work up so nicely that you could have cinnamon rolls for breakfast during the busy week. Take the dough out the night before so all you have to do in the morning is slice, rest and bake!
Something hot, fresh and homemade for you, your family or take them in to the office for your coworkers!




No comments:

Post a Comment